READ ME:

Welcome Intro to Cinema students!!!

This is home to all your Cinema resources. Also check out the GOODIES box for all of the latest documents for you to download.

REMEMBER: Submit your assignments here as a POST, and to submit on JIVI as well.

Any queries or questions regarding this subject, feel free to contact your tutors:

Dray: dray.svoboda@ait.nsw.edu.au
Rahul: rahul.nash@ait.nsw.edu.au


LATEST POSTS:

3657_Haewon_Le grand blue

**Posted by Desiger jenny at 3:25 AM


Le grand blue (1988)
I think almost people saw this poster, even if they didn’t watching this movie. This movie’s poster had been very famous. I have seen this movie four times and each time I like more and more and now I really love it. The first time, I was watching, it was 6 years ago with English version and after the second time, I was watching real version with French that much better about feeling.
Also, this movie with my favorite director and actor; director was Luc Besson Stars were Jean-Marc Barr, Jean Reno(I like him a lot) and Rosanna Arquette.
The story was Enzo and Jacques have known each other for a long time. Their friendship started in their childhood days in the Mediterranean. They were not real friends in these days, but there was something they both loved and used to do the whole day long: diving. One day Jacques' father, who was a diver too, died in the Mediterranean sea. After that incident Enzo and Jacques lost contact. After several years, Enzo and Jacques had grown up, Johanna, a young clerk there she meets Jacques who works for a group of scientists. He dives for some minutes into ice-cold water and the scientists monitor his physical state that is more like a dolphin's than a human's. Johanna can not believe what she sees and gets very interested in Jacques but she's unable to get acquainted with him. Some weeks later, back in her office, she notices a championship for divers that is supposed to take place in Taormina, Italy. In order to see Jacques again she makes up a story so the firm sends her to Italy for business purposes. In Taormina there is also Enzo, the reigning diving world champion. He knows that only Jacques can challenge and probably beat him. This time Johanna and Jacques get closer, but Jacques, being more a dolphin than a man, can not really commit and his rivalry with Enzo pushes both men into dangerous territory.
When I saw this the first time, I just concentrated the story but after I could concentrate about the sound and the color. Especially, I really like those color modes and sounds. If you haven’t seen this movie, I like recommend it!!










COMMENTS:

Currently have 1 comments:

  1. dr.dray says:

    I am so impressed you have seen this so many times and you are into French films! Great!

    I really encourage students to watch a film they really love again and again, because like what you did, you can observe the way it was filmed instead of focusing on story.

    I am probably one of many who havn't seen this, but have seen the poster numerous times. I feel like watching this now. Sounds fantastic, and your post makes me want to watch it! Thanks!

Leave a reply

Post a Comment