READ ME:

Welcome Intro to Cinema students!!!

This is home to all your Cinema resources. Also check out the GOODIES box for all of the latest documents for you to download.

REMEMBER: Submit your assignments here as a POST, and to submit on JIVI as well.

Any queries or questions regarding this subject, feel free to contact your tutors:

Dray: dray.svoboda@ait.nsw.edu.au
Rahul: rahul.nash@ait.nsw.edu.au


LATEST POSTS:

Spring, summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring_3820_Jiyoung Yoo

**Posted by Julie Yoo at 10:04 PM


The movie title is very similar to the human life. I understood when I watched this movie. I really loved the title too.
This movie is the most amazing movie I have seen. I thought that I need to understand Buddist. However, I didn't have to be into religion to understand and allow myself to get into this movie. Excellently set on a secluded lake in the mountains in South Korea, director Kim Ki-duk has created a classic love story with a religious twist with the movie Spring, summer, fall, winter, And Spring.

In my opinion, I loved that the movie doesn't have a lot of talking and characters. I could concentrate it and into the movie. I couldn’t do anything when I watched the movie just focused on the movie. I am fan of Kim Ki-duk and trying to watch his movie. His movie is really different from the others movie.

Anyway, back to the movie, The title is used to show the growing up of a young boy and shows a few valuable lessons on the way. The old man and his student live on a floating monastery, away from all life and that is significant
because it shows that you don't need to be around people 24/7 to live life to the fullest. To be honest I didn't think I was going to make it through this movie.

It didn't have a lot of talking I think I could count the number of conversations on my hand. But it was something very powerful about this movie that caught me, I think it was the sense of the father and son bonding, something that isn't very common. It was special to me about this movie is the fact that it stays in its common setting through the whole movie. It never leaves the lake. Also how there were lessons being taught throughout. One that I really found special was when the boy was a child and he tied stones to 3 different animals, cause it was his idea of having fun and the wise old monk told him to go find each animal and free them and if any of the animals were dead, then he would live with that on his heart for ever. The twist to this lesson though was the old monk tied a big stone to the kid and made him go find the animals, to show him how it felt.
The movie has very beautiful back ground from Spring to winter.

The more, the better
http://www.sonyclassics.com/spring/shell.html

COMMENTS:

Currently have 1 comments:

  1. dr.dray says:

    Woah this film looks amazing! I got to get a copy of this. Because of the lack of dialogue, like you said in your post, then the film must really concentrate on how to visually tell the story... Must have very strong mise-en-scene and cinematography... Can't wait to see this!

Leave a reply

Post a Comment